Minggu, 18 Januari 2009

Expedition Digital Compass

Expedition Digital CompassWrapped and ready to go! This watch comes in a neat gift Box just in time for the holidays. Limited time offer.

Customer Review: Works good

Had it for a few weeks now, seems to work good. It did freak out for a second a few days after I got it by completely reseting itself... screen went blank for a sec, then came back. Everything works fine though. If you never calibrated a digital compass, then I can see how it could be frustrating. Also, of course the compass needs to be recalibrated every so often. If I really needed to rely on this compass to get me somewhere, I'd recalibrate it every couple of hours. But just for the gee-whiz factor of having a compass watch I do it once a week or so... or whenever I want a somewhat accurate heading.



Setting digital Compass:

Go outside away from anything metal. Start the little calibrate option holding the compass level to the ground. Spin in 2 circles SLOWLY! Finish the calibrate.



This watch will allow you to enter the difference between true and magnetic north if you want. I really don't see why you would unless you live in a part of the world with a large difference... Timex says this compass is accurate within 5 degrees, so it is really only good for a general idea of cardinal direction. N, NE, E, SE... ect. If you really care about if you're pointing 105 or 110 degrees, then get a regular analog compass.

Customer Review: Very good, but my first one was defective.

Works very well. Nice that you can adjust compass reading to account for magnetic variation. Features seem to all work. Looks nice. Strap feels/looks good and is replaceable, too. Instructions reasonably easy to follow (except for compass directions which reference control buttons by names not clearly (if at all) shown on the diagrams). All in all a very satisfactory performer. BUT NOTE: my first watch was defective, failing several times over first 2 weeks; I returned to seller for replacement which I have received and put through a rigorous workout for past several weeks. I suggest you do the same, repeatedly testing all the functions to ensure it does not fail. The failure was seen by a sudden resetting of everything back to zero hour. That is Jan. 1, some years ago at 12:00am. Not good.
See details

0 komentar: