Sabtu, 27 Desember 2008

Garmin MapSource Topo U.S. 2008

Garmin MapSource Topo U.S. 2008Explore every nook and cranny of the U.S. with the help of Garmin's Topo U.S. 2008 topographical mapping software. The DVD features digital topographical maps for the entire U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, with a host of valuable details. It's also easy and convenient to load data to your compatible Garmin device. Just pop the DVD in your PC, then connect your Garmin GPS receiver via its USB port. Once connected, you'll have access to topographical mapping detail no matter where your adventures take you. Details include:

  • Digital topographic maps, comparable to 1:100,000 scale USGS maps
  • Terrain contours and topo elevations
  • Summit locations with elevations
  • Trails and rural roads; city neighborhood roads
  • Interstates and major highways
  • National, state, and local parks, forests, and wilderness areas
  • Coastline, lake and river shoreline; wetlands; perennial and seasonal streams
  • Searchable database of cities, geographic names, summits, lakes, and more
  • Elevation profile on PC and compatible units; estimate terrain difficulty
  • Allows you to plan your next outdoor adventure on your PC and download routes, waypoints, and map detail to your compatible Garmin GPS
  • Lakes, reservoirs, waterways, rivers, and streams with icons to represent boat ramps, dams, campgrounds, and trails


Customer Review: Garmin Topo U.S.

I have used this product and have some mixed feelings. I also have National Geo Topo and like it very well. Garmin works and it does transfer to my hand help GPS. That is what I bought it for. The National Geographic Topo wont do this. The product would stand to imporve by adding more of the existing "Ghost Towns" and old mines like the Chumung Mine near Masonic. I was able to navigate to the Chumung Mine and it seemed to work with my Garmin Summint GPS. For example, it seems to take extra time to calculate milage or distance to a route. Hopefully, this is not due to my lack of experience with the software. I do wish it had more of the feel of the topo's I have worked with in the past.

Customer Review: Roads are not accurate

I purchased this map to update the maps that came on my Garmin GPS. The original maps had roads that have not been updated in 20+ years. When I added the new map I learned that the local roads are inaccurate by 400 to 600 feet. I asked Garmin and was told that roads are just for reference. This map is only good for Topo and little else.
See details

0 komentar: