Selasa, 30 Desember 2008

Timex Ironman T5C411 Unisex 30-Lap Digital Fitness Heart Rate Monitor Watch

Timex Ironman T5C411 Unisex 30-Lap Digital Fitness Heart Rate Monitor WatchCombining stylish looks with power sport timing and heart rate monitoring features, this larger Timex Ironman Triathlon watch (model T5C411) can be worn by both men and women. It features a chest strap heart rate monitor, easily accessible function buttons, and Timex's comfortable doubleshot polyurethane strap. For integrating heart rate monitoring into your training, this watch enables you to track your avareage heart rate and pre-set target heart rate zones with data for time spent within that zone and alarms. It can also display data for calories burned and offers a recovery timer that measures your heart rate after a timed recovery during or after your workout. Sport timing features include:

  • 100-hour chronograph with lap and split, either in large digits
  • 30-lap memory with average heart rate per laps
  • 100-hour, 3-mode countdown timer
  • Alarm with 5-minute backup
  • Month/day/date display with 12/24-hour time
  • 3-year battery life

The Indiglo night-light uniformly lights the surface of the watch dial using patented blue electroluminescent lighting technology. It uses less battery power than most other watch illumination systems, enabling your watch battery to last longer. The Night Mode feature allows you to illuminate the Indiglo night-light for 3 seconds with any button press, regardless of the mode or function. The watch is water resistant to 50 meters (165 feet)--suitable for swimming but not for diving. All Timex heart rate monitor sensors have batteries that can be replaced by consumers without requiring them to be returned to the manufacturer.



Customer Review: Pros & Cons

I've had two of these watches now and I like the product overall, but with some tragic flaws.



Pros:

- The buttons are well laid out and easy to use while exercising.

- Has all of the basic features needed for exercising (set heart rate ranges, alerts, calorie counting, lap, alarm, timer, etc.)

- Good screen size and readability while exercising





Cons: (the tragic flaws)

- Nothing about this watch is waterproof. If you get your sweat into it, the buttons stop working temporarily (I strap it to my bike or put it in my pocket while running to avoid getting it wet).

- I went swimming with it twice to monitor my heart rate, both times it fogged the screen and once it stopped working for a week until it had ample time to dry out.

- After a few months, the heart rate is not picked up by the watch (don't know if it is the watch or transmitter). I first thought it might be the battery and had them both changed (watch & transmitter) but the problem persisted.



When I had problems with the first one, I returned it within a week and the store gave me a new one. When the second one experienced the same problems, the 90 day warrenty period expired and I was left with a flaky watch with no recourse. I (stupidly) bought another since I liked design and thought I just experienced some bad luck with the first two. I made my second purchase of the watch (it was on sale) and it worked fine for 6 months before it too stopped receiving the heart rate.



The price was cheap, so you get what you pay for.

Customer Review: Very good HRM.

This HRM does everything I need. Never have had any issues getting my HR to read out on the display. Works great and easy to use.
See details

0 komentar: