Jumat, 26 Desember 2008

Garmin Map Update 2009 for City Navigator North America NT

Garmin Map Update 2009 for City Navigator North America NTMap Update 2009 North America DVD contains full coverage for the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. City Navigator North America NT 2009 will update your preloaded Garmin GPS Unit with the latest maps. Navigate with confidence having interstates, highways, and residential streets at the tip of your finger. The data also contains points of interest, including business listings such as: food and drink, lodging, attractions, entertainment, shopping, emergency services, post offices, campgrounds, movie theaters, and more.

Customer Review: DREADFUL!

The product ships with scanty instructions. After spending about an hour on Garmin's chaotic web support pages, I finally figured out what do do. Alas, when I tried to implement what I learned, the system prompt stated that the product key is invalid. I then called Garmin tech support. The person who picked the phone had no clue, and escalated the issue. After a 90 minute wait, I was informed by another tech guy that Garmin has shipped a bunch of map update DVDs with the wrong product keys, without bothering to inform either the retailers or the customers, or recall the faulty DVDs. He required that I: a) photograph my DVD; and b) email the digital picture of the DVD, along with my purchase invoice, to him. I did so, and a few hours later, he sent me a new product key. Alas, this too did not work. I called Garmin again, and was told that I had no choice but to wait for another hour or more for a new tech guy. The overall attitude was: "we don't care a damn about you; just wait in line and we will continue to abuse you." Ultimately, I ended up returning the Map Update DVD, and I am going to put a bit more and get a new unit from another GPS provider: you can buy a new GPS unit from a non Garmin vendor for just $ 40 more than this DVD! I am going to use my Nuvi as a portable storage and MP3 device. My advise to you: Save yourself endless heartburn and get anything but Garmin.

Customer Review: Smooth update

After reading all of the previous reviews, I ordered the update. When it arrived (very fast service), I backed up the existing files on my Garmin C530 as a precaution before proceeding. Turned out to not be necessary - the update was well put together, and ran flawlessly. It did take about an hour and 45 minutes on my 3 GHz Pentium 4 laptop, but there were no problems at all. After it finished, I checked my Favorites (all still there). Even all of the Recently Found items were still there, so I had none of the problems others have encountered. The update process did go online and get a software update prior to loading the new map data. About a week after doing the update, I used the unit to go to a distant store I could find in my sleep, and it did want to take a slightly different route, but after the usual "Recalculating" it led me right to the parking lot of the store in question. I also entered the address of a friend that the previous version couldn't find (the reason for the update), and it mapped it correctly. All in all, I'm very pleased with the update, and just sent an order from Amazon to my sister for Christmas for her C530.
See details

0 komentar: